Pre-Listing (1-3 months to 1 year before listing)Contact your mortgage broker or contact us for a referral.
It’s important to know the status of your mortgage before listing including:
- term of your mortgage or when your mortgage is due
- how much you have owing on your mortgage
- interest rate
- any penalties for changing your mortgage
Gathering information together. Access your SC Seller’s Pre-Listing Worksheet HERE.
Getting these items ready will be helpful when listing:
- Any permits for alterations, survey certificates, septic documents and/or water documents.
- Utility bills (light, heat, water) photocopied or scanned.
- Tax bills including current property assessments.
- Manuals & warranties for major appliances, fixtures and systems.
- Extra keys for the lockbox.
The purpose of this consultation is to get advice on the best time to put your home on the market, see what price your home could be listed at given current market trends, and discuss how we would market your home.
- You will be sent a Pre-Listing Package before the appointment to maximize time and help us create a powerful marketing campaign to promote your listing.
- Other recommendations may be given at this time that will affect the listing price such as completing projects, de-cluttering, painting, landscaping, etc. Don’t worry our realtors can recommend trades people to give you a hand.
You or your Select Choice REALTOR® can up for a customized property search—
PCS & TRENLII are programs available to all buyers & sellers through their REALTORS® that sends new listings & sales information customized to your criteria and/or location.
Our website also has a SEARCH FEATURE located under the PROPERTY SEARCH tab that you can easily access. You can search for current listings in a specific Comox Valley community (East Courtenay, Crown Isle, etc.) for a specific type of home such as Rancher, Strata/Condo etc., or within a specific price range.
When IS the best time to list your home?
Every region has peak periods during the year when more homes are sold than at other times. When to list depends on strategy and what’s happening in our market. The Comox Valley market peak times are mid-April to the end of May. We also have another smaller peak from September to mid-November.
Is preparing a home really necessary?
Yes AND no. Even in a hot seller’s market, doing a little selective work before listing can result in thousands of dollars increase in list and selling price. If financial circumstances and time are tight, it might not be advantageous to spend a lot of time and money staging, however, a professional stager can make a big difference even in a few hours using your own furniture and accessories. Contact your Select Choice REALTOR® for our latest Staging Report.
Mobile: 250-338-9854 Phone: 250-286-0110 Toll Free: 1-888-986-0110 Email: team@SelectChoiceRealEstate.ca