Preparing To Buy
Financing (3 months to 1 year before buying)Contact your mortgage broker or contact us for a referral.
Typically buyers will start looking for homes first before they take this step. It’s great to dream of the house you want browsing on Realtor.ca. Sooner or later you’ll need an accurate financial picture of how much mortgage you could qualify for, what the current rates are, and expenses associated with your home purchase. What’s happening in the financial sector that might be relevant to buyers is good to know, too. It may be in your best interest to get into better financial shape and buy a home in a couple of years. Your Mortgage Broker will give you advice before you start longing for that special home. If you need to sell your home first, you will need some information such as:
- term of your mortgage or when your mortgage is due
- how much you have owing on your mortgage
- interest rate
- any penalties for changing your mortgage
Information GatheringMake your wish list
Most people can list their DREAM home amenities pretty quickly and have taken the time to consider their needs. Now’s the time to dig deeper and reflect on what’s going on in your life. Consider the following:
- What stage are you in life? Could a new spouse, children, grandchildren or returning adult children be in your near future?
- Any promotions, work shortages, transfers or foreseeable events happening that might affect your income level?
- Have you given any thought to something you’ve always wanted to do but haven’t done yet?
- Do you need information or advice from another professional that might take care of your home’s current limitations?
A top REALTOR® can assist with your needs assessment often providing ideas you may not have thought about. The purpose of this consultation is to get a good sense of what you’re looking for and to provide you with a Market Evaluation if you already own a house. Doing this one step will save countless hours of aimless looking.
You or your REALTOR® can sign up for a customized property search—PCS & TRENLII are programs available to all buyers & sellers through their REALTORS® that send new listings & sales information customized to your criteria and/or location. Our Select Choice website also has a SEARCH FEATURE located under the PROPERTY SEARCH tab that you can easily access. You can search for current listings in a specific Comox Valley community (East Courtenay, Crown Isle, etc.) for a specific type of home such as Rancher, Strata/Condo etc., or a specific price range.
Mobile: 250-338-9854 Phone: 250-286-0110 Toll Free: 1-888-986-0110 Email: team@SelectChoiceRealEstate.ca