Promotion & Marketing
This is where our marketing campaign begins. The more input you give us about your property the more we can design the most powerful marketing campaign possible.
Targeting your Ideal Buyer
Your Ideal Buyer may be early retirees wanting a respite from cold winter weather, a recent divorcee, an investor from Victoria or Vancouver, seniors who’ve just sold their family home or a young couple with a baby on the way. Smart real estate agents will go to great lengths to profile your Buyer and create & launch a Marketing Campaign to reach them.
Photography & Video
If your home is “show” ready and you’ve had it professionally cleaned, congratulations, you’ve already started Marketing your home. Appealing photographs and videos that portray your home accurately will go a long way in promoting your property.
A well-displayed FOR SALE sign is always recommended. In the Comox Valley, local & out-of-town buyers love to drive around and look at what’s available even before they decide to move.
Marketing to REALTORS®
Our REALTORS® look at the hot sheets daily to see what new properties have been listed and what our clients are looking at through PCS, our local board’s (VIREB) home search program. We market your property to other REALTORS in the area giving them a description of main features, and may provide photos and/or videos of the exterior and interior as well.
Marketing to BUYERS
Each of our REALTORS® has a database of clients who are in varying stages of buying and/or selling their homes. Once the listing is signed, local buyers who may want to see the home are called and showings are booked. Out of town buyers who are looking for a similar home are called or emailed. If the home is one of their top choices, a Preview Showing can be arranged and additional information sent. Depending on which Commission Package you choose, your home may be advertised in our local paper.
Holding an Open House depends on what Commission Package you choose & whether you feel confident in holding one yourself. FSBO Commission sellers should have a professional looking information flyer ready to give to prospective buyers. Hybrid & Full Service commission sellers will have flyers done for them. Whatever Commission Package you choose, you and your REALTOR® will have already discussed Marketing Strategies and whether an Open House would suit your listing or not.
Here are some reasons to hold Open Houses:
- The sellers list their home on Tuesday and advertise an Open House on Saturday. REALTORS® and buyers wanting to purchase the home will want to see it before the Open House and book showings immediately.
- To get maximum exposure, you hold a “Neighbourhood” Open House and actively suggest they might want to contact their friends, family & co-workers who are looking for a home in the neighbourhood.
- The home is so unique that your REALTOR® thinks a “Realtors’ Open” could generate the right buyer.
- The home has been on the market for too long without an offer, so the house is updated and/or the price is lowered and an Open House is scheduled to get market exposure & generate interest in the property again.
- The house does not suit an Open House (property is too large, too many priceless objects, too far away from town, etc.).
- The Seller doesn’t want neighbours snooping.
- The Sellers have medical issues that make it difficult to be away from their home.
- The property is a rental property and the renters are not co-operative.
- The market is so hot, that your house gets multiple offers in the first few days of listing.
- The property may be in Foreclosure Proceedings.
Over 90% of today’s Buyers start their search online, so a comprehensive online Marketing Strategy makes sense whether you’re a FSBO or an agent. Every REALTOR® has their own online strategies, so be sure to ask when you’re looking for the right one to list your home. Some strategies include:
- Placing an ad on Craigslist and/or Kijiji
- An interactive, comprehensive website that attracts Buyers
- Emailing campaigns targeted at other REALTORS and Buyers such as those signed up on PCS and your REALTOR’S own database.
- Paid Facebook ad campaigns that target specific demographics.
- Unpaid Facebook entries that clients can share with their friends and families.
- Twitter and Instagram can quickly inform when changes occur in the listing.
This marketing strategy is useful in certain circumstances. In a Buyer’s or Balanced Market it makes sense to advertise in your local newspaper IF buyers for your home are likely to use the newspaper as their main source of information about properties. In a changing or Seller’s Market, it doesn’t make sense to advertise a home that could be sold before the newspaper is published. Agents who use the newspaper are mostly advertising their brokerages and themselves.
Mobile: 250-338-9854 Phone: 250-286-0110 Toll Free: 1-888-986-0110 Email: team@SelectChoiceRealEstate.ca